Monday, January 28, 2013

Dickens Map


  • Well I plan to do most of my reading over the weekend since that is when I have the most time, but I also intend to do some reading during the week to give me a little more wiggle room over the weekend if I need it and also so I dont have to rush through the book.



  • Tale of Two Cities AP Questions(URLs):


Well here are four good ones from one site:

  1. The opening lines of A Tale of Two Cities are some of the most famous in British literature.  They introduce the contradictions in the world of the novel, between positive and negative forces: “light and darkness, wisdom and foolishness, hope and despair,” and so on.  In an essay analyze whether positive or negative forces triumph at the end of the novel.  Make sure you consider the fates of all the major characters in your analysis.
  2. Choose a complex and important character in A Tale of Two Cities who might - on the basis of the character's actions alone - be considered evil or immoral. In a well-organized essay, explain both how and why the full presentation of the character in the work makes us react more sympathetically than we otherwise might. Avoid plot summary.
  3. In great literature, no scene of violence exists for its own sake.  Choose a scene in A Tale of Two Cities that confronts the reader or audience with a scene or scenes of violence. In a well-organized essay, explain how the scene or scenes contribute to the meaning of the complete work. Avoid plot summary. 
  4. The poet Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822) wrote:
“Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate’er it touches”
        Using examples from A Tale of Two Cities as support, you should defend or challenge Shelley’s assertion.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:ogzwcKY9mf4J:www.nisdtx.org/cms/lib/TX21000351/Centricity/Domain/2548/essay%2520prompts%25202011.doc+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESg5ZuF4Z_CIn8NhxFfaYRiyApj61lrxqUvaTyqURyl48ra8ODR2cm30i7VuNVTrPxWaPDH6PR7N-bQ4RT2EtRxf7zpg5bWjKQ0ltHDbo3xg-HIYuYQtkO-SMpWAUercp15FZCkY&sig=AHIEtbRzGB52VH97tzepiGzfpkJ6IhoNWw


5. Has a wide variety of questions:
http://www.getbookee.org/get_book.php?u=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5mbGF0aGVhZHJlc2VydmF0aW9uLm9yZy9pbWFnZXMvcGhzL1RhbGVUd29DaXRpZXMtU3R1ZHlHdWlkZS5wZGYKQSBUYWxlIG9mIFR3byBDaXRpZXM=

  • Now how I think I should be tested. This is a hard question for s student to answer but I will be honorable. The best way I think is like an AP test. I gave some free response essays so those are kind of straight forward, write an essay. I also gave some questions for my #5 and maybe have some questions on a test like those along with an essay.




No comments:

Post a Comment